Follow Christiane on social media:

On Twitter + Facebook + Instagram Amanpour producers on Twitter

What time is Amanpour on CNN?

Check showtimes to see when Amanpour is on CNN where you are. Or watch online.

Check showtimes to see when Amanpour is on CNN where you are. Or watch online.

Right after interviewing Karzai:

December 6th, 2009

What did you think about the Karzai interview? Comment here:

Filed under:  1
  1. claire

Journalism at it finest. Christiane almost pumped her fist, when she
    really had one point to make. That we all (global) need to understand
    what's going on, and how vital that is...

I can't say enough. Although, I must admit, I'm f, 50,gay,Mn-America, I've been along on the ride. And I depend on you, and your smarts, and connections and distancing yourself, but somehow always being close....unreal. Wonderful fuckin' job. Great interview.

And, this seems so understated, thank you.

Claire Studebaker

December 6, 2009 at 10:14 pm | Reply
  2. Alexandra

Christiane,

Regarding your interview, and the topics covered: is it possible we're forgetting that most of Al Qaeda is in the Unregulated Tribal Areas of Pakistan (Waziristan, and so on)? and that the US has no hope of defeating them as long as the Pakistani Govt lets these areas continue to govern themselves? The US needs to focus its energy in Pakistan and in exerting pressure on that Govt; while at the same time, helping the afghan people so they can govern themselves.

December 6, 2009 at 10:41 pm | Reply
  3. claire

Had a thought, you might find helpful. I follow the majority of your Christiane, stories via Twitter.
    Just a after thought.

December 6, 2009 at 10:42 pm | Reply
  4. Raymond ODonoghue

How about somebody telling "Boss Tweed' that if he spent more time on getting his army in shape and police instead of being a John Gotti wannabe he wouldn't need more time. In other words the clocks ticking and its time to get real.

December 7, 2009 at 2:11 am | Reply
  5. J.E. Smalley

Excellent interview with Hamid Karzai. I have been waiting all afternoon for it to be replayed. Date setting by Obama for withdrawal of troops is playing "hardball" with this government as Karzai and his colleagues will not come forward and take care of their own "bad guys" as long as we are willing to do it.

December 7, 2009 at 2:36 am | Reply
  6. Fernando F.

Christiane, you are simply the best at what you do. Fareed in 2nd place and far behind everybody else. Such a good show. I'm a news junkie and you gave me my "dosis" every Sunday at 2pm.. thanks

December 7, 2009 at 3:14 am | Reply
  7. Joy

Its really great one, CNN is showing the world the true face of the war at Afghanistan and its consequences to us. Thank you

December 7, 2009 at 4:36 am | Reply
  8. Ahmad

Hi
    It always makes med sad to listen to this man, he has nothing for the good of this poor country as he says. I am an afghan but there is nothing rich in my culture that im proud of. When it comes to the end we always blame other for our own faults. In dari we say hold of your belongings, instead of blaming your neighbours for theft. Karzai said tonight the people get kicked every week cause corruption. But its not true, out of his 50 ministers 49 are corrupt, the corruption starts from upstairs down.

December 7, 2009 at 8:32 pm | Reply
  9. Lazlso

Ms. Amanpour: how could you have not put any question to President Karzai during your interview concerning the activist Malalai Joya's work?

December 7, 2009 at 10:37 pm | Reply
  10. Fahim Payabzai

I think President Karzai was concerned about the exit strategy that Obama administration announced. United States started this conflict without looking into the real picture, "it is like you are afraid of lions in the zoo, and you go and kill all the animals in the zoo, because of your fear", so now karzai wants United states and other allies to help him get Taliban to talk with his government and come to a conclusion before United States completely leave Afghanistan with a failure.

December 8, 2009 at 8:32 am | Reply
  11. Fardeen

Not new a stuff. All are empty promises made. Taliban and Alqaeda should be eliminated. They dont have the culture living in the contemporary world and thus, should be sent to the medieval-oriented culture. Otherwise they will come back with bang much louder than 9/11.

December 8, 2009 at 10:20 am | Reply
  12. Rich

Excellent interview with President Karzai. Thought your questions very on current point; understanding what you say that there are always ways you self critique as far as what related questions to ask and what direction to pursue to keep the subject on target. Admire your poise, obvious preparation, along with the professionalism & respect you bring to your news gathering projects. This from a former professional trainer who realizes these type of sessions only get better the longer one does them. Thanks !

December 8, 2009 at 6:00 pm | Reply
  13. Garfield

Hi there, this weekend is fastidious in support of me, as this time i am reading this great educational post here at my house.

May 16, 2013 at 6:45 pm | Reply
  14. Jannie

Link exchange is nothing else however it is simply placing the other person's weblog link on your page at proper place and other person will also do same for you.

May 28, 2013 at 5:43 pm | Reply
  15. Roseann

I think the admin of this website is really working hard in favor of his web site, as here every material is quality based data.

May 29, 2013 at 4:28 am | Reply
  16. Rubye

I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This article posted at this web page is in fact nice.

June 29, 2013 at 10:50 am | Reply
  17. Lorie

Nice blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your design. Thanks a lot

July 22, 2013 at 9:54 am | Reply
  18. Clayton

This may be a bit out of field however I am wondering if there are some other ladies that have trained and received work as a security guard. I am quite intrigued but the physicality of the jobs is quite daunting to me.

September 4, 2013 at 7:18 pm | Reply
  19. Marvin

Hi there to every one, the contents existing at this web site are genuinely awesome for people knowledge, well, keep up the nice work fellows.

January 17, 2014 at 8:34 pm | Reply