Follow Christiane on social media:

On Twitter and Facebook Amanpour producers on Twitter

What time is Amanpour on CNN?

Check showtimes to see when Amanpour is on CNN where you are. Or watch online.

Check showtimes to see when Amanpour is on CNN where you are. Or watch online.

Angry Karzai condemns massacre

April 16th, 2012

Afghan President Hamid Karzai is incredibly frank in his first interview since the massacre of 17 Afghan villagers last month and on the heels of the massive outbreak of spring fighting overnight. President Karzai originally called the attacks in Kandahar “intentional terror,” but today during his interview with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour he clarified reports about calling American soldiers “demons.” For the first time, Karzai laid out what he believes should happen to the American soldier charged with the massacre in Afghanistan.

1. oscar

Please provide a podcast version of the program.

April 16, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Reply
  2. Zia

We are Afghans and Afghani is our currency.

April 17, 2012 at 5:16 am | Reply
  3. farhad

He is right

April 17, 2012 at 5:22 am | Reply
  4. Alberto de Quay

Wow. amazing interview. I almost thought this was an episode of Saturday Night Live. Very good work.

April 17, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Reply
  5. Marnie Gustavson

Those of us that follow Christiane in Afghanistan would like to hear what she has to say but internet will not support video download. Can we please have a transcript. Welcome back Christiane....

April 18, 2012 at 3:21 am | Reply
    • amanpourcnn

April 18, 2012 at 9:19 am | Reply
  6. Matt

I am impressed with Karzai, to be honest. He makes very clear points and defends them well (even though, he will most likely be ignored again by the West). What I am wondering: would you, Ms Amanpour, talk to e.g. David Cameron or Barack Omaba or Mitt Romney in the same way you did with Hamid Karzai? To me personally, your interview style seemed to be arrogant and disrespectful at times.

April 18, 2012 at 4:11 am | Reply
    • Abdoul

anonymous says: May 3, 2012 at 3:16 pmA silly diatribe.I have heard the Iranian ecnoomy collapsing repeatedly over the last 25 years.Know this: Iran had been in much worse conditions during the War with Iraq; on one occasion there was only one month of wheat left in the country. At another time, Iran was selling oil at $ 5.0 a barrel.Much of the economic hardship is due to the current Siege War of Axis Powers against Iran.At any rate, it seems to me that Spain is in a much worse shape than Iran under any macro-economic criteria that you wish to specifiy.I am not delustional; I have witnessed, during my own lif time, the positions of the late Mr. Khomenin becoming main-stram Muslim ideas.And Iran is not isolated from the rest of teh world Axis Powers are not the world.And it is indeed they who are isolated no European or American can safely visit, live or work among Muslims any longer without guards.

July 9, 2012 at 12:36 am | Reply
  7. Ben Sanga

As a young journalist in Africa, you always awaken and thrust that journalism spirit beneath my inner-self Christiane. you are indeed top of the game. good work. Get Seif Gaddafi for us so that we can know the other side of the Libyain revolution story. it would remain incomplete until the day we would be told how the so called 'revolutionists' handled the POW including Gaddafi himself.

April 23, 2012 at 5:47 am | Reply
    • amanpourcnn

Ben thanks, and to all of you out there. Trying for Saif, kepe trying to bring you all the whole story! Keep watching AMANPOUR! – Christiane

April 23, 2012 at 11:26 am | Reply
    • Carla

As long as Ms Amanpour turns up the heat on this regime, and gives not the sgsihtelt break to the duck ,dodge and hide style of these crumbs, I will think of her placement as a good move.Be a reporter Chris not an advocate! Because Once you are inside the beltway for a time, you will probably be compromised like the rest of the shills.It is a communicable disease in washington.But for now outside is good.I will be watching your interview with the speaker with great nterest .By the by .My first question to Nancy Polosi(if your reading this i give you permission to use this) would be a simple straight forward question like . Nancy have you ever been under a Doctors care?Are you under his care now?And here is an oldie but a goodie Nancy,anyone in your family ever joke about you being a few bricks shy of a full load?Now you know why the job was not offered to me

July 9, 2012 at 12:42 am | Reply
  8. Amanda

The responses that President Karzai gave were respectful and considerate to the U.S to say the least. He made his points and his views clear and answered your questions very respectfully Ms Amanpour. I agree with Matt above to some extent. Would you interrogate Prime Minister Cameron or President Obama in the same style?

My second concern is that unfortunately the captions mentioned courtesy of CNN, which at most times were misleading with such captions as "Karzai blames nato" etc etc when going on further to listen as to what he is actually saying, he does no such thing. I believe it is the minor details like this that people will take note of instead of listening to the full interview and thus deteriorate the relationship and views between the Western world and Afghanistan.

None-the-less, I appreciate your work Ms Amanpour and found this interview fascinating and clarified many things, but from an outsiders perspective, this is once again very biased against Afghanistan where if CNN do not address this and continue with their bias media techniques, we will never truly have a great understanding between the Western world and Afghanistan.

Many thanks for this interview and for your great work!

May 13, 2012 at 8:38 am | Reply
  9. I am exploring the Internet as I never have before. I have more time since I reitred. There is quite a rich diversity of information in blogs so I am getting involved and commenting. I think I really appreciate the basics of what you have here in this blo

Pretty component to content. I simply stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to claim that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing in your feeds or even I achievement you get admission to persistently rapidly.

June 18, 2012 at 6:33 am | Reply
  10. Sola

anonoymous2 says:May 4, 2012 at 7:40 amOh yes Activists said. Yes no need for any evidence, just rely on the cmoeletply unproven assertions of some random person. Let's see OVER THERE, I just saw someone being murdered and burned alive and reported in to amnesty international. Did those activists (Which now means people staging a violent armed rebellion against a sovereign goverment) actually present a shred of proof to back up their unsubstantiated allegations? No they did not. Did they lie literally hundreds of times? Why yes they did. Did dozens of indpendent media channels, newspapers, etc, who have visited Syria disprove those allegations? Why yes they did. And just so you know, I predicted you would repeat exactly those absurd statements which have never been proven. And since we are looking at literally thousands of such lies at this point, and not a single one has ever been substantiated, that proves to the reality based community that activists said is a liar.

July 8, 2012 at 11:23 pm | Reply
  11. masooda stratigakis

karzai is not very most smart or very good politician , with all the $$$$$$$$$ have gone to Afganistan he can't even answer the question and that is embarrassing

September 1, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Reply