Follow Christiane on social media:

On Twitter + Facebook + Instagram Amanpour producers on Twitter

What time is Amanpour on CNN?

Check showtimes to see when Amanpour is on CNN where you are. Or watch online.

Check showtimes to see when Amanpour is on CNN where you are. Or watch online.

How Amanpour knew where Osama bin Laden was

May 2nd, 2012

I don't think I’ve ever sparked more curiosity online, than last year – after a clip surfaced from 2008 when I said Osama bin Laden was most likely living in a villa in Pakistan – not in a remote cave. That was three years before he was killed, indeed in a villa in Pakistan. Watch the back story here.

Filed under:  Christiane Amanpour
  1. matt

I ALWAYS SAID THAT THE GUY CANT BE THAT CLEAN IN A CAVE AND HE WAS IN A VILLAGE IN PAKISTAN.
    IT WAS ONLY OBVIOUS !!!

May 2, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Reply
  2. Monte

How ?? Because besides being hot, she is smart and knows how to dig out the nuggets of information in order to put the pieces together. Hands down the best foreign correspondent the last few decades.

May 3, 2012 at 12:50 am | Reply
  3. mchive

that was guess work otherwise hw could u get such globally sensitive data?

May 3, 2012 at 4:45 am | Reply
    • Noonoizz

I think if you want to get married then it's tlaotly your decision and if you don't then it's also your decision. When my husband and I got married we were told by every Tom Dick and Harry that our marriage would never last because I was 19 and he was 20. And by no means was it easy. We didn't have money or family to depend on for our first house or our first car or our first baby together. But the feelings I've had for him from the moment I met him are still the same 5 years later. That may not be a long time but for me it's our entire life together and nothing, not deciding to get married, babies, cars or a house will change the commitment I feel for him and how he feels for me. He's my soul mate . Couldn't tell you how different it would be to be a celebrity in the lime light but there sure seems to a lot a of broken marriages is all I'm trying to say.

July 9, 2012 at 3:39 am | Reply
  4. ogbes

Killing Bin Laden was d best tin to happen to d world

May 4, 2012 at 6:02 pm | Reply
    • amigocabal

Nonsense, Osama did nothing to deserve being killed, and Al Qaeda has never existed nor does it exist today. This is just propaganda to justify, Imperialistic wars.

May 6, 2012 at 12:35 am | Reply
  5. Philip timothy

Wt d contnue terrorist attack in diff parts of d world, does d killin of osama bin ladin weaken d alqaeda netwrk?

May 5, 2012 at 2:58 am | Reply
  6. sam asowata

christiane, you are more than a foreign correspondent; you are an 'intelligence correspondence' and a global dear!

May 5, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Reply
  7. amigocabal

Common Christiana you don't expect anyone to believe these lies about Osama's killing do you? The rhetoric is reaching crescendo to justify everything from torture to blatant murder of thousands of innocent people, and you have become a part of this propaganda.

May 6, 2012 at 12:32 am | Reply
  8. Agbor nzan

Dear amanpour,am gland 4 your reports in diggin n giving clarities on bi laden n his global terorist affiliate.I wish reporters in nigeria can do same cus these guys ar taking lives and as a christian, am angry seein christians being kill by those who share n uphold to alqaeda ldealogies n above al my president,his government n his security agencies ar singing d gosple of bringin dem 2 book each time d killing has been done;n our journalist has no clue than 2 shovel d net instead of telling nigerian the realities on ground who is behind d killins cus d "government wont do or say it.Help us in this pathetic situation.God help us n protect Nigeria.

May 8, 2012 at 7:46 am | Reply