By Mick Krever, CNN
North Korea may be "dialing down" its latest provocation just a bit, a spokesman for the American military said on Monday.
"We haven't seen any kind of troop movements on the North Korean side that would indicate imminent military action," Pentagon Press Secretary George Little told CNN's Christiane Amanpour.
North Korea's provocations include the release of a photo last week showing leader Kim Jong Un looking at a map with military leaders – a map titled "U.S. Strike Plan," with multiple American cities targeted for attack.
Monday brought news, first, that the United States was sending F-22 fighter jets to the peninsula; then, that the United States is moving at least one warship closer to the North Korean coastline.
Little cautioned against reading too much into that move.
"We have regular ship movements in the Asia-Pacific region, and we use our ship movements for any number of purposes," he said. "So I'd be very careful about connecting this to recent tensions on the Korean Peninsula."