On Twitter + Facebook + Instagram
Amanpour producers on Twitter
Check showtimes to see when Amanpour is on CNN where you are. Or watch online.
The Obama Administration says it will arm Syria's opposition, but for U.S. Republican Senator John McCain, the intervention may not go far enough.
"How many times have you and I seen high-ranking officials, frankly, unfortunately, in uniform as well as out, that will tell all the reasons why we can’t effectively intervene," he asked CNN's Christiane Amanpour on Friday. "And the one question that needs to be asked is, ‘What happens if we don’t?'"
Watch Amanpour's full conversation with McCain in the video above.
McCain is right. Just send in the cruise missiles n drones to atke Assad out. No need boots on the ground. Just have to watch out for Russia
Arming opposition dose not solove, that means we are ncareging them to countine killing them shelf. Exmple what happen in LIBIYA din't help becase they are still killing them shelf. Ple's nergotation !!!
I think we should quit meddling in Middle East affairs! we did it in Iraq, Afghanistan,Libya and on and on, and all we got was a lot of spilled american blood! enough is enough the american people don't want any mor wars!
We have plenty of problems in our own country to resolve without constantly trying to push our way of life on people that don't understand it nor want it!
Leave them alone to deal with their problems their way not ours.
If we intervene in Syria, we can'rt guarantee that what we support might be worse than what we got rid of!
The people of the middle east for the most part live in the past!
Let them be to their own ways not ours!
"People in Syria are fighting, so we need to bomb them heavily to restore order, win hearts and minds, just like everyone else is doing"
I am advise the us government to make a statement to all Syria to live the land because of the government of seria is working with different terror organization from john kargbo in sierra Leone at moiba kamanda firm
McLame is a warmonger... 110% supported Bush/Cheney Rush To War in Iraq for oil... knowing well there were no WMDs... now he wants to spend more money and possibly blood in another war? Go away McLame, retire already, you're past your usefulness.
The traitor's motives are as clear as can be. He must have the greatest estimation of himself to try to play "Secretary of State", and foster violence and continued bloodshed. That is "who he is". The "chest beater" has one thing in mind, how to continue war production for his corporate friends (anyone who benefits from the production of materials for War). The Seditionists and their kind, do Not want to talk but kill. Their righteousness is as dirty toilet paper.
The Corporations are John's best Friends, are they not? John is simply a long time counterfeit who among most others, have broken their Oathes. They truly represent nothing more than the theft of Choice and Belief. Johnny, You represent nothing more than perpetual self-centered motivations for the Corrupted Sedition Clan.
“Republican Senator John McCain, a staunch advocate of US military aid to the Syrian opposition, has made a surprise visit to war-torn Syria and met with rebels. The controversial move comes as Russia and the US are trying to set up a peace conference,” reports RT.
McCain’s visit coincided with an EU decision to scrap the arms embargo on the Syrian opposition, clearing the way for Britain and France to send heavy weaponry to the rebels at a time when Syrian Army troops are scoring key victories.
A list of former Guantanamo Bay detainees reveals that many were detained in the infamous detention facility merely for “associating with terrorists,” which is precisely what John McCain did yesterday as he met with FSA militants who begged him to pressure Barack Obama into sending weapons and launching air strikes against the Assad government.
Despite efforts on behalf of NATO powers to differentiate between FSA rebels and Jabhat al-Nusra terrorists in Syria, the two are now one and the same, with Jabhat al-Nusra commanding FSA rebels. The following facts clearly illustrate how the FSA now bear all the hallmarks of a terrorist organization and by associating with them, John McCain is now not only an associate but also a lobbyist for terrorists.
– FSA rebels are defecting to Jabhat al-Nusra in droves.
– Jabhat al-Nusra is now the leading front line fighting force in Syria and is commanding the other rebel groups.
– Jabhat al-Nusra killed U.S. troops in Iraq.
– Immediately after the State Department declared Jabhat al-Nusra a terrorist organization, 29 different FSA rebel outfits pledged allegiance to the Al-Qaeda group.
– FSA rebels have vowed to “fight the U.S.” once they finish with Bashar Al-Assad.
– FSA rebels have been filmed burning US and Israeli flags on more than one occasion.
– FSA rebels have been filmed singing songs that glorify Osama Bin Laden and the 9/11 attacks.
– One FSA group even calls its fighting unit the “Osama Bin Laden” brigade.
– Another video shows FSA rebels chanting, “We are all with Osama bin Laden!”
– FSA rebels have voiced their desire to see the Al-Qaeda flag fly over the White House once the rebels are victorious across the region.
– FSA rebels have been filmed cutting out people’s hearts on camera and eating them while chanting “Allahu Akbar”.
– FSA rebels have been responsible for innumerable beheadings over the course of the conflict, chanting “Allahu Akbar” as they decapitate their victims.
– FSA rebels have committed innumerable sectarian murders, including beheading a man for being a Christian and feeding him to the dogs.
– FSA rebels have also forced children to behead people and carry out other atrocities.
– FSA rebels have ransacked Christian churches.
– FSA rebels have murdered numerous journalists in targeted killings, including Maya Nasser and most recently Yara Abbas.
– FSA rebels have been pictured numerous times flying the black flag of Al-Qaeda and wearing uniforms with Al-Qaeda insignia.
– FSA rebels have been caught on camera preparing chemical weapons attacks.
– In March, UN human rights investigator Carla del Ponte said FSA rebels had used chemical weapons.
– FSA rebels have forced prisoners to become suicide bombers.
– According to eyewitnesses on the ground, at least half of the so-called “Syrian rebels” aren’t even Syrian and are foreign jihadists sent by the likes of Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
In visiting FSA rebels, John McCain is repeating the exact same stunt he pulled before the NATO attack on Libya, fraternizing with known Al-Qaeda terrorists who were later involved in the attack on the US consulate.
By anyone’s definition, “bomb bomb bomb Iran” McCain is America’s most prominent and most influential lobbyists for global terrorism and should be sent to Guantanamo Bay immediately.
Republican Senator John McCain wake up to yourself. Go and tell those poor families of the 3000 peple murdered by Sunni Al-Qaeda terrorists at 911 face to face that you support the Al-Qaeda terrorists in Syria and want to arm them and take photos with them . John McCain loves Sharia Law/The Muslim Brotherhood /Salafists/ Wahabbis . Do you understand there are 2.5 million Christians in Syria who love and support Assad who is moderate and they will be murdered and massacred byJabhat al-Nusra terrorists if Assad goes. MCCAIN is a TRAITOR. Send him to PRISON for TREASON NOW!!!
John McCain – the Vietnam War ended 38 years ago. Let it go, stop trying to punish the rest of the world for your experience in Vietnam decades ago. You are a US Senator but you are failing the American public and the world with your war mongering. You are no longer part of the solution but part of the problem. Be a leader and take charge to stop the US sponsored acts of terrorism thru the countless interventions, interferences, assassinations, spying and the unjustified wars of late. Wake up and understand that if you stick your fingers where they do not belong, the other side might just cut it off. Stand up for the democracy that America is supposed to be. And the world leader it purports itself to be. Please.
I love McCain for his love for cannibalism.Go McCain go.Have a bite,its the heart.
McCain knows if we intervene in Syria, and subsequently go to war with Russia, it'll be one big fat paycheck for him from his corporate friends with Federal contracts. He doesn't give a flip about the American people, much less the Syrians. Why do people in Arizona keep voting him in? They don't – the corporations vote him in office. The Lord will deal with John McCain.
I don't think to arm the rebels partly is the right thing to resolve the problem of Syria.
Monday – Friday:
1900 & 2200 London
2000 & 2300 CET
2:00pm & 5:00pm ET
Asia, Tuesday – Saturday: