Follow Christiane on social media:

On Twitter + Facebook + Instagram Amanpour producers on Twitter

What time is Amanpour on CNN?

Check showtimes to see when Amanpour is on CNN where you are. Or watch online.

Check showtimes to see when Amanpour is on CNN where you are. Or watch online.

American teen recounts savage beating by Israeli police that helped spark crisis

July 22nd, 2014

By Mick Krever, CNN

A Palestinian-American teenager whose savage beating by Israeli police helped set off the current crisis described his shocking ordeal in an interview with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour on Tuesday.

“They kicked me in the face. They kneed me in the face. They punched me in the face,” Tariq Khdeir said. “They were beating me like they had no – they didn’t know what they were doing. Why would they be beating me like that?”

Amateur video of Khdeir’s beating went viral and caused widespread outrage; Israeli authorities say they have suspended one of the police officers involved in the case.

Khdeir was born and grew up in the United States; he was in the West Bank visiting family when three Israeli teenagers were kidnapped and found dead in the West Bank.

Khdeir’s cousin, Mohammed Abu Khedair, was murdered in what was largely seen as a retaliatory attack for the Israelis’ death.

“I asked if he needed anything from the bakery,” he told Amanpour. “And he said sure, and I went to the bakery and I bought him some things.”

“And I came back and I found the cop car there. And then the cops told me … ‘You can’t get closer to the scene.’ And Mohammed wasn’t there.”

Israel finds Hamas are no longer amateur fighters

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called that murder “abhorrent” and in a phone call promised justice for the boy’s father.

The 15-year-old American was watching protests over his cousin’s death when events turned violent.

“I saw some soldiers running. And they were running towards the crowd of people and I was just watching. It was so terrifying.”

“When they were running towards us, I didn’t know where to go. Some people left from the outside and some people jumped the fence, and I jumped the fence and they ran behind me. And they grabbed me and slammed me to the floor.”

“The first thing they did, right when they grabbed me and slammed me to the floor, [is] they zip-tied my hands together behind my back so I couldn’t make any sudden movements at that point.”

“And they started beating me, and I could not – I could not even breathe at that point, because of them kicking me however many times.”

He was taken into police custody without, his mother Suha says, any medical treatment.

“He was taken straight to jail, even after being beaten unconscious,” she said. “My husband had followed him over there and he had begged for them to take him to the hospital.”

“And they claimed that they’d asked him, him being unconscious now when being beaten, and they said, well, he said he didn’t need any medical attention. And he says that’s not true – they never asked me anything.”

Outrage over Khdeir’s beating, his cousin’s death, and the murder of the three Israeli teens set off a series of escalating events that led, last week, to an Israeli ground invasion of Gaza.

“No mother should go through having to bury her own son, no matter what race they are,” Suha said. “I’m just hoping for peace. That’s what I can say.”

Tariq, so newly exposed to humanity’s darkest characteristics, summed it up succinctly: “It’s just sad.”

“What they go through, like the people that are dying in Gaza – it’s really sad to watch them have to be kicked out of their house and having to go through all that pain.”

“It’s really sad. Like, for me, it’s just – what happened to me was just a taste of what they go through. You have people dying all over there. It’s sad.”

READ MORE: Talk of peace doesn't slow flow of blood, rockets in Gaza and Israel

1. mangum1wa

What lead the Israelis going into Gaza, had nothing to do with the 3 Jewish children being killed or the Palestinian youths, but the 1000 rockets being fired into Israel. That is what sparked all this mess.

July 22, 2014 at 4:59 pm | Reply
    • adam

the rocket started after israelies airstrikes on Gaza ignorant

July 22, 2014 at 8:45 pm | Reply
      • Listo

It was called Selective Blindness in psychology

July 22, 2014 at 9:01 pm |
    • sharief

what sparked the rockets from Gaza into Israel is the Palestinians asking for freedom-in their own land

July 23, 2014 at 11:01 am | Reply
    • AP

I do not feel sorry for this kid. If you throw rocks, you deserve to be beaten. Keep in mind you are in the ME and not in the US. He gets no sympathy from me.

July 23, 2014 at 12:48 pm | Reply
      • Kim

did you see him throw rocks? and you know what I don't even care if you did. You do not beat someone to near death if you are a civilized human being. Any other country and the officers responsible would be charged with attempted murder or assault at the very least and stripped of their badge. Just because he is in Israel does not mean he should not have human rights. The fact that you seem to think it means exactly that is even more reason to support Palestine as it makes it clear who the oppressor is.

July 23, 2014 at 4:18 pm |
      • Dont Worry About It

Are you crazy! There are kids in the U.S. that throw rocks at cops and cop cars, do they deserve beaten. It does not make a difference if it is in America or China this type of behavior is not acceptable. As a fifteen year I can even tell the difference between doing your job and brutality. They even talk about when he allegedlly asked him if he needs medical attention and they lied. Can not you see that something is wrong. This was not about him "throwin rocks" it is about his race. I have watched another video where some Isaeli citizens have asked the officers why they do this and his response was, " You traiters. Have you forgotten what happened." By that you can obviosly tell that this is an matter of the past and that they have never forgotten and is now taking it out on them.

August 27, 2014 at 10:12 am |
  2. peacefulJew

Thankfully this boy is doing well. I'm saddened that Israelis are terrorizing Palestinians, especially women and children. Well not in my name. Is not right that the importation of Europeans and Americans continue and settlements be built in stolen land. This boy's story had brought the ugly truth to millions around the world. Things will change.

July 22, 2014 at 5:56 pm | Reply
    • Adel

This is the way Hamas is treating it's own people, the Palestinians, hitting them till they bleed without any mercy.
      They wound and kill their won people, Can you imagen what will those terrorists do to me, to my family and to all Israeli

Support Israel and stand with us.
      Remember, we are their enemy today,but tomorrow it's the entire western countries. Let's stop Hamas cruelty now and act to disarm and eliminate that terror organization for once and for all, for both the Israelis and the Palestinians sake.

July 23, 2014 at 9:59 am | Reply
      • naq

Ignorant

Hamas cruelty? Israel is the one brutally killing innocent people, why? Because some rockets are being fired ...which btw did not kill any body.

July 23, 2014 at 10:16 am |
      • Pekko

Nice try Adel. But in Europe we know EXACTLYwhat you are doing in israel, and one day justice will be done.

July 23, 2014 at 5:43 pm |
      • Richard

Pretty brutal video but normal for Muslims. They are animals, nothing more.

July 23, 2014 at 8:09 pm |
    • AP

Shame on you! The Palestinians are an invented people. The Jews have occupied the land just as much as the other Arabs since leaving Egypt.

July 23, 2014 at 12:49 pm | Reply
  3. Joel

When it's the kidnapping and murder of 3 young Israeli boys it's "The government that _claimed_ Hamas did it" – however, when speaking about the Arab child, it's a known fact that it's "Jewish extremist".

Enough of the bias – Israel has the right to protect itself, Hamas is firing hundreds of rockets on a daily basis and has been firing on the South of Israel for the last 14 years – they are digging tunnels to commit mass acts of terror against innocent civilians – and they are hiding behind the civilian population of Gaza.

July 22, 2014 at 6:40 pm | Reply
    • sharief

we should all pray for peace,instead of blaming Israel or Hamas.this war has brought the best and worse out of people around the world..sad to see some of the hatred comments on here..

July 23, 2014 at 11:04 am | Reply
    • hobos

Because no evidence was shown for Hamas killing the three teens, but they found evidence of who had killed Mohammed Abu Khdeir. Israel isn't just "defending itself", it is advancing steadily into the Palestinian territories. All the peace talks have been stalled because of the Israeli settlements, illegal under international law, that Israel refuses to stop.

July 23, 2014 at 3:24 pm | Reply
    • Peter

Both Israel and the palestinians have the right to defend themselves but the israelites have no right to occupy land that is not theirs. The argument of self defence is there to gain Israel sympathy. People tend to forget that the Palestinians were driven away from their land and thus they are only doing what is right to do when diplomacy is not working. Should i say that Hamas has the right to protest by firing rockets because Israel is not interested in diplomacy ? FATA under Mahmoud Abbas has achieved nothing by peacefully talking to Israel. Should the Palestinians stop resisting just to avoid the bombs from IDF? Israel should know that just as the Jews were not exterminated by the NAZIs nor the other groups that tried to that before, they will not exterminate the palestinians nor shall they forever oppress the palestinians nor matter how powerful they are militarily. So don't be short sighted by supporting Idiots that think force is the solution. They are just postponing the issue. At times it makes me think that the Jews ( sorry not everyone) like in one way or the other oppressing others and that may be the reason why they have been a displaced people as long as i can recall the stories from the bible. Why does history recount them as persecuted people? I mean every were you go. I wish someone can tell me why. All i know there is two sides of a story.

July 23, 2014 at 6:19 pm | Reply
  4. chiniquy

The Zionist mentality descended from the unfaithful, rebellious followers of Moses. These Jews constantly questioned all the Guidance given to Moses by The Creator. By the time of Jesus these religious hypocrites were firmly in control of the religious leadership of the Jews. Jesus was an opportunity given to them by G-D to turn away from their evil behavior and return to obedience of the commands of the Lord-Creator. They rejected him and then conspired with the Romans to get rid of him. After Jesus was gone, many of his faithful followers continued to spread the Gospel in the Roman Empire. These rebellious hypocritical Jews then decided to mix the Gospel of Jesus with some of the pagan beliefs that existed in Europe and India at that time and say that it was from Jesus. Thus enabling them to have a controlling influence over those who adopted this belief. Throughout the centuries they lived in Europe among the people who had adopted this fabrication of the Gospel of Jesus. They had to ensure that no matter whichever way they turned, the Gentiles would never get lose of the spiritual bind on their souls (every which way but loose). Zionism is the present manifestation of this past evil. And the State of Israel is filled with religious hypocrites who has no love for G-D or humanity. They don't care what the world think about them slaughtering the Palestinian people because they don't really believe in obeying G-D.

July 22, 2014 at 6:55 pm | Reply
    • sharief

True words spoken...it does not matter whether u Jew,Mulsim,Hindu,Christian or even atheist,THE ALMIGHTY sees everything and everybody will be dealt with accordingly on the Day Of Judgement..

July 23, 2014 at 11:08 am | Reply
    • neveragain

Hey Schmuck....the New Testament was written 300 years after the death of that JEW, Jesus!

July 28, 2014 at 3:28 pm | Reply
  5. chiniquy

A hypocritical religious community that commits barbaric acts does not have The Grace of The Creator on them. Despite only a few rockets causing one li deaths and hardly any type of serious damage on their territory, the Israelis are scare sh..tless. The Creator says in the Holy scriptures that HE will put fear in the hearts of evildoers. If these evil people and their deluded supporters don't receive their punishment in this life they will certainly be punished in the Hereafter.

July 22, 2014 at 6:58 pm | Reply
    • AP

You are a crazy Muslim/pretend Jew.

July 23, 2014 at 12:50 pm | Reply
  6. chiniquy

The Israelis are not winning. They are killing hundreds of innocent Palestinians, but whenever they show the Palestinian people their spirit is very high. Despite the numerous babies and children killed by the Israeli bombs they show the Palestinians in the Gaza still supportive of Hamas. Whereas when they show the Israeli despite maybe one or two deaths from the Palestinian rockets and hardly any injuries they are scared sh.tless. Afraid when only a few rockets from Gaza get past their Dome Shield. The Grace of the Creator is not with evildoers. In the revealed Scriptures our Creator said HE would put fear in the hearts of evildoers. We have eyes but we don't see the manifestation of The Lord-Creator's Words right now in the world. Whenever any people foolishly believe that only they are special in the 'eyes of The Creator,' they are asking for G-D's punishment. The Nazis believed that they were a special people in the eyes of G-D and we know what happened to them.

July 22, 2014 at 7:01 pm | Reply
    • sharon

I compare it to ethnic cleansing. I don't think it it will stop until everyone in Palestine is dead. Israel pm should be tried for war crimes

July 23, 2014 at 7:24 am | Reply
  7. tom

I simply don't believe him. It is very easy to depict the israelies as unhuman. And quite fashionable these days to. But they are much more human than their enemies. I simply can't beleive that israeli soldairs picked on him without reasonable cause. Totally unreliable.

July 22, 2014 at 7:07 pm | Reply
    • maya

Watch the video then ..maybe your eyes will be less biased than your mind!

July 23, 2014 at 9:10 am | Reply
      • Maeshe

The video that was taken after what this boy did. He and his group were throwing stones towards the police

July 23, 2014 at 11:51 am |
  8. chiniquy

If the Jews were really G-D's favourites, Why would HE give them a land that has no water and no oil deposits? All around them are Arab countries with billion of dollars worth of oil deposits and Israel has none. G-D's Justice for these religious hypocrites. There will never be any 'rest for the these wicked' fake religious Zionists..

July 22, 2014 at 7:08 pm | Reply
    • neveragain

The Jew will be around longer than another religion even after Armageddon!

July 28, 2014 at 3:31 pm | Reply
  9. Ashlee

Killing 3 Israeli is nothing to do with a war. it's just a small matter to spark a war between Israel and Gaza. they can put to prison those who kidnapped the israel teen. the fault of one is not fault of everyone because others wants to live in peace.

July 22, 2014 at 7:23 pm | Reply
  10. BOMBO

I don't know what this kid was doing and neither do any of you, unless you were there. I think there is a chance he hooked up with a bunch of buddies his age and they started throwing rocks at the security forces, and he thought 'hmm, this looks like fun' and started to join in. If so, I'd have a lot more respect for him if he was honest about it.

July 22, 2014 at 7:31 pm | Reply
  11. BOMBO

We are approaching the point where Israel needs to go all in. They will need to take over Gaza and administer the territory like they did before Sharon pulled out in 2005. Hamas need to find a way out if they want to prevent that.

July 22, 2014 at 7:34 pm | Reply
  12. BOMBO

How about this novel solution: Egypt agrees to move in and administer the territory "temporarily" (ie no deadline). Israel, the US, Europe and the Arab League agree to underwrite their costs and look the other way while the Egyptian military does what they think they need to do.

July 22, 2014 at 7:38 pm | Reply
  13. saladin

it was Israel's kidnapping of 400 Palestinians in response to the murder of the 3 settlers that started things. No charges, no evidence, no proof even that they weren't murdered by Israeli provocateurs.

July 22, 2014 at 7:57 pm | Reply
  14. Daniel

I am sorry but I cannot believe a word this kid is saying. He obviously did something bad that caused him to get arrested (Like through rocks at police).

And one interesting thing is that this has been 3 weeks ago and based on the pictures I see, there is no way he is completely fine with no scabs or signs of abuse.

July 22, 2014 at 7:59 pm | Reply
  15. laura

Why has this teens assault not been addressed by the U.S.? Why is the USA so afraid of Israel? Why is Israel being allowed to act like or even worse than Adolf himself? One would think these people learned what not to do to others. Apparently Hitler did not do a good enough job for the Jews to remember....
    One who does not learn from the past is condemned to repeat it.
    This time as the murderer, as opposed to the murdered.

July 22, 2014 at 8:37 pm | Reply
  16. Jay

There is more to this story than what this boy is admitting to. I would love to believe what he is saying but I can't.

July 22, 2014 at 10:36 pm | Reply
  17. sonny

You don't kick a person, let alone a boy whilst he lay on the ground. That is one way to define a hero from a villain. If the Israeli's want to win this war against the Islamist they better smarten up and employ smart and heroic soldiers not weak incompetent men who beat kids.

July 23, 2014 at 1:05 am | Reply
    • Inga Zorin

"kids" who throw rocks at civilians, police and army are not kids! They are bandits and terrorists! Stones are weapons as well. They can kill. What Israel should do is catch these so-called "kids" in action and send them to Gaza and West Bank. Let them see what life they lost. Israel is the only country in that region that is democratic, that gives the same rights to all citizens of Israel no matter Jews, Christians, Muslims... And Israel's solders don't fight with children – that's Hamas!

July 30, 2014 at 3:22 pm | Reply
  18. Incisive

There is no need to stir hatred against Isrealis, they have done enough to deserve it in Palestine. Just take a look at any map of Isreal in the 1960's and compare it with todays, the illegal occupation of land, the bullying and killing of Palestinians and the sheer rubbish they perpetrate all over the globe with their embassies is testament to a people who have lost their way. Drunk on US support which seems to be fading, the world is slowly but surely turning against them. They may be too arrogant to care, but their arrogance wont last too long. I hate Hamas too but that doesnt translate into any sympathy for Isreal. I have no stake in this, I am a hindu in India and have no interaction with Isrealis but they have done enough to deserve my condemnation.

July 23, 2014 at 2:53 am | Reply
  19. Ishaan

Shame On Israel ! Killing Children Shows How Coward They're

July 23, 2014 at 10:18 am | Reply
  20. john o halloran

What is abhorrent is the Israelis constantly yakking about the genocide that was inflicted upon them by the Nazis and yet here they are behaving in almost the exact manner as Hitler and the Gestapo. Hamas, the terrorist organisation has done more for the people of Gaza in terms of medical care, and in terms of social outreach than the Palistinean authority yet when they won authority through democratic elections, Israel and the western authorities stymied them at every turn. If Israel truly wants peace they will have to sit down with Hamas and begin real negotiations. Until then..... more of the same...Sadly.

July 23, 2014 at 10:39 am | Reply
  21. Yossi

This is how Arabs treat Arabs: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10204433837866863

Unfortunately we the Israelis don't know how to do that.

July 23, 2014 at 10:44 am | Reply
  22. holam

he shouldn't have been involving himself in things he doesn't understand.

July 23, 2014 at 11:12 am | Reply
  23. Alfredo

My grandfather during WWII blew up German trains, whether civilian or military. He would be called a terrorist in current times but in fact he was a freedom fighter, eventually succeeding. I'm not comparing Israelis to the Nazi's; no way. But they are the aggressors, however they successfully continue to take on the role of victims. Such an irony. CNN/BBC, you name it, they buy into it. Poor Israel is being harassed by HAMAS: they have a right to defend themselves, it goes.
    GAZA is the biggest open prison in the word. Digging a tunnel is seen as an act of terrorism. Unbelievable. Palestinians are now stuck with HAMAS as their only channel of resistance. That's very unfortunate because Hamas can't create any sympathy in the western world. The resistance has to send a clearer signal; they were evicted from their homes, thrown of their land and even now face new settlements being built on their lands in violation of UN stipulations. It may seem harsh but Hamas too should have access to precision guided rockets and land them on Jewish extremists homes. Of course a 30 seconds warning needs be given in advance like the Israelis now do when they bombard Gaza.
    It’s naïve to suggest that the Palestinians can take back their land. But a pre-60ties war territory map should be a realistic compromise for peace. Hamas needs to recognize Israel and Israel needs to give back lands stolen after the 60ties war. I really hope such peace can be accomplished soon

July 23, 2014 at 11:14 am | Reply
    • Jon

1. The lands were not "stolen" they were taken by right of war.
      2. You seem to be ignorant of the fact that the Palestinians started this by sending rockets against civilian targets.
      3. It is not the Israeli's fault that Hamas chooses to fire missiles from homes, schools and mosques. IT is the Palestinian people's fault for allowing this to happen. The IDF targets where the missiles are coming from, unlike the Palestinians who target civilian neighborhoods instead of military and government targets.
      4. If you allow people to use your house, school or mosque to be used as a depot for arms or as a staging ground for missile attacks then you deserve what you get.

July 23, 2014 at 3:09 pm | Reply
    • Inga Zorin

Palestinians never had THEIR land – there was never a state they had. They are from all the countries of the Middle East, sir. They should go to those countries of their origin and leave Israelis alone. You saying nonsense! Do you know anything about the history of that region? Do you really care? Oh, go out here.

July 30, 2014 at 3:16 pm | Reply
  24. francisco

If the Palestinian army where to take action against Israel to stop the Israely army reguarly killing people inside the Palestinian territory and to do this, the Palestian army killed more that 120 Israely children I would be equally outraged and would support Israely people.

July 23, 2014 at 11:37 am | Reply
  25. Maeshe

CNN why are you only interviewing one party? Isn't it biased reporting. You must also interview the police officer to be fair. It takes two tango and someone won't be beaten without any reason. You are promoting hate with this. I'm not for anyone but this is really not fair the same way if only the police officer would have been questioned.

July 23, 2014 at 11:56 am | Reply
  26. Oded

I wonder how all the brave people posting here will fill if their cities will be bombed by thousands of rockets. I'll bet they turn the other chick. From europeans I don't expect more, they already turned the other chick too long and their continent was yet again conquered by the Muslims. But from Americans I expect too see the real truth. WE ARE NOT VICTIMS AND NOT TRYING TO BE. All we want is to live peacefully in the only land we have. The Gaza situation has no relation to the Plasetinian problem. It's a territory which is ruled by a Fascist Muslim extremist regime that one of its main target is to destroy Israel. We got out of Gaza almost 10 years ago, and things only has gotten worse. Instead of building their life they are using the money and resources to spread hate, buy guns, built rocket, design tunnels. Their aim is to demolish Israel. They WANT to hurt civilians in both sides. Any dead civilian is good for them. Israel is trying it's best to avoid killing unharmed people, but of course it is very difficult in a situation like this. I invite every one here who wrote against Israel for 1 week "vacation" here to realize the complex reality we live in. It's not black or white. We are sick and tired to have to explain our-self every time we need to defend our country and homes. We are sick and tired to have to explain how come we don't have enough dead. We are very sorry that we invest in life saving technology. We should have turned the other chick. All you LOOSERS need to wake up and smell the coffee!

July 23, 2014 at 2:07 pm | Reply
  27. MM

What was this "American" teen doing in Hamas-held Gaza???? Just ask yourself why he was there and what he was doing.... don't be quick to choose sides in something that is not of your making or concern. It is fraught with difficulties

July 23, 2014 at 2:20 pm | Reply
    • Paul

Actually, the kid was in Jerusalem, which is not part of Gaza.

July 23, 2014 at 4:38 pm | Reply
  28. jossefperl

Again, Amanpour shows how far she is willing to go to promote her anti-Israel views. From all the rational reason one could use for Israel finally responding to Hamas, she chose not the 500 rockets that had been raining on Israel from Gaza from January 2014 through June 2014, not the three kidnapped and murdered Israeli teens, but an incident no one else would choose – the beating of an American-Palestinian teen. Although the beating of that teenager may or may not be justified and is being investigated, that incident is minor relative to any other surrounding incidents. But Amanpour chose this incident for the obvious reason, an American teen was involved and could be used as a tool for Amanpour to turn public opinion against Israel.

July 23, 2014 at 2:33 pm | Reply
  29. Jon

He deserved what he got. He chose to assault Israeli soldiers by throwing stones at them. He should have been shot. What is NOT shown on the video is what led to this. He along with a group of other young men and teens thought they could attack soldiers and not expect the soldiers to fight back.
    He is the victim of his own stupidity.

July 23, 2014 at 3:00 pm | Reply
  30. Jon

1. Christian Amanpour is one of the most biased "reporters" I have ever seen. She completely ignores the fact that the Palestinians started this by sending rockets against civilian targets.
    2. It is not the Israeli's fault that Hamas chooses to fire missiles from homes, schools and mosques. IT is the Palestinian people's fault for allowing this to happen. The IDF targets where the missiles are coming from, unlike the Palestinians who target civilian neighborhoods instead of military and government targets.
    3. If you allow people to use your house, school or mosque to be used as a depot for arms or as a staging ground for missile attacks then you deserve what you get.

July 23, 2014 at 3:11 pm | Reply
  31. Najib

The teenager is not American; the chap is Palestinien-American and that is exactly why the American admin adopted such a low profile. Had he been white-european, there would have been a serious and tough reaction.

July 23, 2014 at 5:32 pm | Reply
  32. Rahul Sayami

It is really sad to see that so many people have lost their lives and still this gruesome act has been continuing. Yet no leaders of the so called powerful nation has come forward and spoken out.

This has to stop. We should be humane and respect humanity.

Let peace prevail.

July 23, 2014 at 9:54 pm | Reply
  33. BUCHI

These palestenians ( Hamas group) truely deserve what they got. They are cheif non-respecter of human right and dignity. Just like down here, where they 'muslim' beleive that if kill a person, allah will reward with virgin in the hereafter. Stupid! People...

July 24, 2014 at 5:33 am | Reply
  34. anna

I'm amazed at how biased this article is.
    The last month and a half have been full of violance .
    Three Jewish teenager boys were brutally murdered.
    the palestanians and arabs responded with great happiness-giving out candies and celebrating in the streets.
    afterwards an innocent palestanian boy was murdered by a mentally ill man (he tried to kill his daughter some time before). Israelies mourned, appoligized and went to visit his family. all Israeli leaders (Politicians, Rabbies...( condemmed this murder.
    Hamas is a terrorist group who target millions of civilians, trying to murder children, woman and men. Israel did not want to go into Gaza, They went on for to long letting hamas shoot missles. but enough is enough.
    When America was targeted by terrorists they acted! no one would ever think to say why dont you give osama bin ladin what he wants-he must be angry at something. Instead America went and did what it HAD to do in afghanistan.because thats how you deal with terror. Israel has and always will have the right to deffend itself.

July 24, 2014 at 11:41 am | Reply
  35. josiah

is jst a petty that all these multiple killing is being caused by something that we can seat down n talk over than reacting, pls we call for peace we call for brotherly love agai,n we call reconciliation again, pls israeli pls palestine for d sake of our youth, d children, d babies, d unborn, d pregnant women pls we call for cease fire pls let us reason 2geda to make these world a better pls God bless d world.

July 25, 2014 at 10:06 am | Reply
  36. Alex

Why was this boy's n his mother's interview cut short today on CNN? Today, July 30th, Brooke Baldwin was kinda abruptly replaced by Hala Gorani... why?

July 30, 2014 at 7:06 pm | Reply
    • Alex

Brooke Bladwin was interviewing both of em n then went on break to come back n then was replaced by Hlala Gorani...

July 30, 2014 at 7:08 pm | Reply
  37. Stan Squires

I am from Vancouver,Canada and I wanted to say that the U.S. gov. should be condemning Israel for this brutal attack on Tariq Khdeir.Because the U.S.gov. is not doing anything about this attack it should be held responsible for the attack and condemned for it.Tariq Khdeir should be compensated by the U.S. gov. for his injuries in this unprovoked attack.
    This should be regarded as a human rights abuse committed by the Israeli gov.

August 1, 2014 at 2:35 pm | Reply
  38. HUMAN

If we pretend there are rockets being fired from schools and hospitals, when such hospitals or schools are destroyed by Israel, we never get to see to those rocket. Palestinians are being cowed to submission. IT IS SHAMEFUL THE REST OF THE WORLD IS JUST WATCHING, ESPECIALLY EUROPE MAYBE WHEN THE LAST PALESTINIAN IS KILLED, WE CAN APPLAUD ISREAL AND CONTINUE WITH OUR LIFE.

August 5, 2014 at 2:28 pm | Reply
  39. Brian Daley

You missed his point completely, he was talking about a lack of coverage on the 3 teens vs the 1 Palestinian teen in the media, Did anyone from Hamas promise to hold the people responsible for killing 3 teens from israel

July 22, 2014 at 5:18 pm | Reply
  40. Mehmed

You say exactly what your media wants you to say, and your opinion is formed by watching your media which created this fantasy world for you.
    Just mentioning how 15 year old kid was beaten by Israeli police triggers in your hear word Hamas, where it should trigger pity and sadness that kid just standing and watching can be brutally beaten like this.
    Your state of mind is a sad one and very biased one.

July 22, 2014 at 6:35 pm | Reply
  41. abu yahood

hasbara trolls is being heavily paid by mossad to keep the online stir for israil

July 22, 2014 at 8:25 pm | Reply
  42. Wolf

What kind of an ignorant comment is this?

July 23, 2014 at 5:07 am | Reply
  43. Shojol

Why it is always not favor of you is Jihadists agenda? Are not you proud of liberal democracy,then why the voice that goes against is dirty. When are you going to open your eyes to see the truth in the reality?

July 22, 2014 at 11:03 pm | Reply