Follow Christiane on social media:

On Twitter + Facebook + Instagram Amanpour producers on Twitter

What time is Amanpour on CNN?

Check showtimes to see when Amanpour is on CNN where you are. Or watch online.

Check showtimes to see when Amanpour is on CNN where you are. Or watch online.

72,000 bodies collected so far in Haiti:

January 20th, 2010

Filed under:  1 • Haiti
  1. G

US government couldn't rebuild New Orleans...now they think to rebuild Haiti????

January 20, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Reply
  2. Gerard Mc Ardle, Drogheda/Belfast Ireland.

Dear Christine,

Good on you, for giving that Mark the Spark a good talking to...of course water boarding is torture. No wonder half the internee's President Obama released form Guantanamo Bay have gone back to join Al-Qaeda in Yemen & Pakistan. & once the water is hitting just a person's face then the more chance of doing the person, harm.

Haiti, is in my opinion is the worst catastrophe that ever happened not from the earthquake itself, but from those who are supposed to be expert's coordinating aid seemingly forgot the equal most important thing after food & water in these tragedies & that is medical supplies, drugs, dressings, antiseptic, & counseling services especially for children & operating utensils. That General Keane speaking is repeating what he said last Sunday, so it must be parrot talk they're taught before being dispatched to these awful situations after they happen. It's medicine, medicine, medicine...that's needed, not the repetitive nonsense they spout. & those doctor's of "Medicines san Frontiers" should have it from the top that they can get their supplies in. & could you please try & interview Mr John Holmes supposed to be the Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, he's saying things are much better today, when the rest of us looking on can't see it on the ground. He is the same person who let down the people of Burma after "Cyclone Nargis"! To the ordinary aid helper's & medical staff there...I slut each & every one of them, & I am so mad that the powers to be don't see to it that they are given every support in that relief effort.

Again, you're doing a great job.

January 20, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Reply
  3. Monte Minhas

I just saw a program on Jan. 20th, on enhanced interrogation techniques its justification pro vs. con debate. In a nut shell, regardless of the Geneva Convention, the rules of war sometimes have fuzzy logic due to last resort measures. The barbaric nature of man pushes the envelop from time to time, leaving ethics, morality and common decency behind to serve a purpose. However the greater good should never cower to the same atrocious forms as our foes. This is not intelligence, intelligence is developed from long and laborious processes, creative thinking, constant improvement and predictive analysis.

The lessons learned from waterboarding are long and painful especially for the interrogators. Long sleepless nights, nightmares and second guessing their own humanity. But in such a violent time, where videos of beheading and suicide bombings are streamed to the internet on Jihadist website, one has to question rationality and motives beyond anything else. In a blink of an eye, life and dead situation, human rationality is pushed to it's breaking point. The real questions still remain, will intelligence prevail over terror? In my opinion, an unwavering yes.

January 20, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Reply
  4. Gerard Mc Ardle, Drogheda/Belfast Ireland.

Sorry, I meant to write the word "Salute"....so apologize for that slip up in typo!

January 20, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Reply
  5. Patricia Ascher

An excellent overview on the Haiti situation. Glad to see Amanpour is handling it - I recognized her voice from an adjoining room - she was asking some incisive questions to the US Ambassador to Haiti, which he was not able to answer comprehensively.

January 24, 2010 at 7:26 pm | Reply
  6. Steve Michaels

Can we in the US afford to pay for the rebuilding? I think the international community wants to much from US as you can guess we are poised to collapse. I think that you know that this the most likely realism. We are not the super power we where one year ago.

January 24, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Reply
  7. Steve Michaels

I also wanted to say something you already know.
    You are a brave, intelligent and wonderful women. I was in Iraq for one year in 04 and 05, I know for a fact that I'm in no way even close to being as courageous as you are.
    Great job!

January 24, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Reply
  8. akin Kekere Ekun

people are always quick to suggest the marshall plan as a great fix to problems. what they always forget is the fact that the marshall plan worked in europe because the countries had infrastructures and institutions in place before the marshall plan! there are none in place in hait!

January 25, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Reply
  9. Carmine Hannum

Thanks for some other informative blog. The place else may I am getting that type of information written in such a perfect method? I have a mission that I am just now working on, and I've been on the glance out for such information.

March 6, 2021 at 2:01 pm | Reply
  10. Wanetta Trautmann

Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your web-site is very cool. I'm impressed by the details that you have on this site. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for extra articles. You, my pal, ROCK! I found just the info I already searched everywhere and simply could not come across. What an ideal website.

March 6, 2021 at 2:50 pm | Reply