[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/11/16/christianetom.jpg caption caption="Sr. Writer for Amanpour, Tom Evans, works on scripts with Christiane"]
NUCLEAR SUMMIT – Will nuclear summit in Washington succeed in uniting world against nuclear proliferation?
– President Barack Obama hosts leaders from more than 45 countries for a two day nuclear security summit in Washington
– Gathering is an unprecedented global effort to rally effort to secure vulnerable nuclear materials so they don’t fall into hands of terrorists or rogue states
– Summit is the centerpiece of Obama’s efforts to prevent spread of nuclear weapons and technology
QUESTION: Will world leaders, including Chinese President Hu Jintao, support U.S. efforts to introduce new sanctions against Iran to stop its nuclear ambitions?
NORTHERN IRELAND – How resilient are violent extremist groups trying to undermine peace agreement that brought an end to decades of conflict?
– Car bomb explodes outside army barracks in the Belfast suburb of Holywood that is headquarters of British intelligence in the province
– Bombing timed to coincide with formal transfer of judicial and police powers from London to locally elected politicians in Northern Ireland
– Intelligence activities of MI-5 spy agency will remain under London’s control after devolution of police and judicial powers
QUESTION: Will the violence of anti-British terrorists who have refused to accept the peace deal fracture the political consensus between former enemies in the British province?
SUDAN – Will first multiparty elections in more than two decades be undermined by allegations of fraud?
– Confusion at some polling stations in southern Sudan as voters found their names were not on official lists
– Some voters complained of complicated voting procedure and the absence of pictures of presidential candidates on voting forms
– Powerful SPLM opposition group has boycotted many of races, saying the ruling National Congress Party of President Omar al-Bashir is trying to rig the poll
QUESTION: Will these elections pave the way for a successful referendum next year on whether the oil-rich south of Sudan will secede from Sudan?