Follow Christiane on social media:

On Twitter + Facebook + Instagram Amanpour producers on Twitter

What time is Amanpour on CNN?

Check showtimes to see when Amanpour is on CNN where you are. Or watch online.

Check showtimes to see when Amanpour is on CNN where you are. Or watch online.

Paintings celebrate Putin's birthday

October 7th, 2014

A Moscow art exhibit is celebrating President Vladimir Putin's birthday by portraying him as a hero of mythic proportions.

Click above to watch.

Filed under:  Christiane Amanpour • Imagine a World • Latest Episode • Russia
  1. StanCalif

Too bad the Russian people are so gullible. They seem to prefer a leader who tells them exactly what to think, who to vote for and keep their mouths shut. Opinions and political ideas totally unwelcomed, and everyone accepts this. Freedom, justice, free speech and a freedom from a hugely corrupt government simply cannot be discussed. Of course, all of Putin's billionaire friends are exempt unless they get some original ideas themselves! Then its "off to Siberia"!
    Under Putin's rule, Russia has lost any chance they ever had at being a democratic state. Putin's Russia is just another pathetic dictatorship which will eventually crumble and fail.

October 7, 2014 at 10:24 pm | Reply
    • Erm...

Don't throw a tantrum now.

Russia is the only bulwark of alternative thought remaining between a balanced world and US-led psychosis of Obama the piece prized warmonger.

October 10, 2014 at 5:43 am | Reply
  2. Igor Rossine Gleb

It is not as bad as one could think! Putin reverted the disorganization of Russia! Russia needs this moment to reorganize itself and Putin will pass eventually! One have to notice that historically ( apart the ideological soviet times and the localized disputes with Sweden and Poland) it was Russia that was invaded and not the contrary! One has never seen the Russian army in Rome or Lisbon.

October 8, 2014 at 6:14 pm | Reply
  3. super supplements

Hello, yes this piece of writing is in fact pleasant and I have learned lot of things from it on the
    topic of blogging. thanks.

October 9, 2014 at 9:46 pm | Reply
    • Erm...

Maybe you should check other sources first before putting your faith in CNN propaganda.

October 10, 2014 at 5:45 am | Reply
  4. Willa Melder

I want to show some thanks to the writer for bailing me out of this trouble. Because of checking throughout the world-wide-web and meeting tricks which were not helpful, I was thinking my entire life was done. Living minus the approaches to the problems you've fixed as a result of your entire site is a serious case, and the kind which might have adversely damaged my entire career if I had not encountered your web page. Your actual training and kindness in controlling the whole lot was useful. I don't know what I would've done if I hadn't come upon such a stuff like this. I'm able to now look ahead to my future. Thank you so much for this professional and amazing help. I will not think twice to endorse your web blog to anyone who needs to have support about this topic.

March 6, 2021 at 2:14 pm | Reply
  5. Minh Senechal

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

May 11, 2021 at 2:47 pm | Reply
  6. Rudy Peckman

This was great! I would like you to clean up all this spam though

May 12, 2021 at 6:47 am | Reply