Follow Christiane on social media:

On Twitter + Facebook + Instagram Amanpour producers on Twitter

What time is Amanpour on CNN?

Check showtimes to see when Amanpour is on CNN where you are. Or watch online.

Check showtimes to see when Amanpour is on CNN where you are. Or watch online.

'Extraordinary' race for Ebola vaccine raises ethical questions

October 8th, 2014

By Mick Krever, CNN

(CNN) - The "extraordinary" rush to develop an Ebola vaccine is moving forward apace, the lead researcher told CNN's Christiane Amanpour on Tuesday, adding that the fast pace may engender ethical concerns about how it the vaccine is eventually implemented.

"This is, frankly, extraordinary," Adrian Hill of the Jenner Institute at Oxford University said. "We are trying to do in a few months something that might typically take 10 years. We've had accelerated reviews of all our applications, regulatory and ethical approvals, and so on."

"And we're now trying to proceed so quickly that if things go well, by the end of the year, this vaccine might actually be being used in the three affected countries in West Africa."

FULL POST

Filed under:  Christiane Amanpour • Ebola • Latest Episode
  1. Red Grapes

Irrespective, it gives those infected ... HOPE

October 8, 2014 at 4:11 pm | Reply
  2. Cristobal

Where can one make a monetary donation?

October 8, 2014 at 4:13 pm | Reply
  3. Daniel

I find it hard to think that their is no cure for Ebola I think the reason is that the rich like most people will agree is that they want more money and power, but here is something they have not thought of if to many people get Ebola no money in the world will save them from the people that have nothing else to lose, mankind has shown us that people will do things that most would find it stupid and crazy but if you was to put yourself in a problem like this would agree that it will lead to nothing good. But if you think I'm wrong I can see your point of view but before you do please dig a little into what the reports really say not what you hear or see on TV but really look. and you will see why I came to think the way I do. To many lies have been put out to the people in the world to insure the safety and to keep people in line in a way. I hope I'm wrong but if something isn't done I fear the worst will happen and our government's will be in fight for not only for people's life's but their own.

October 9, 2014 at 8:02 pm | Reply
  4. Western Propaganda

Disabled comments so you can get away with lying, eh?

October 17, 2014 at 12:22 am | Reply
  5. Sven

Hmm it looks ⅼike your blog ate mү first commеnt (it was
    super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I
    had ԝгittеn and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new
    to eveгything. Do you have any tips for inexperienced blog writerѕ?
    I'd definitely apprеciate it.

Have a look at my web-sіte jaunty

December 19, 2020 at 2:27 am | Reply
  6. Tiara

always i used to read smаller articles or reviews which as well clеar thеir motive, and that is also happening with thiѕ articlе ᴡhich I am reaⅾing at this time.

My web-site: overloads

January 8, 2021 at 1:04 pm | Reply
  7. reselects

Мy partner and I stumbled over here coming from a different web page and thought I
    may as well check things out. I ⅼike what I see so now i'm following you.
    Look forward to checking out your web ρage yet again.

January 14, 2021 at 2:51 am | Reply
  8. dashed

Greetings! I've Ƅeen following your weblog fоr a ԝhile now and finally got
    the сourage to go ahead and give you a shout oսt from Houston Texas!
    Just wanted to mention keep up the fantastic job!

April 23, 2021 at 9:40 pm | Reply
  9. Harley Glod

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

May 10, 2021 at 8:16 pm | Reply
  10. Wayne Mattock

This was great! I would like you to clean up all this spam though

May 12, 2021 at 3:29 am | Reply
  11. Elwanda Sheerin

I don't know about you people but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don't know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/01/video-3/

May 16, 2021 at 4:38 pm | Reply